Sunday, May 20, 2007

David Flores Studio Visit

On March 10th, I bum-rushed to The Tempt One Art Benefit" benefit show. This exhibit was to raise funds for Tony 'Tempt' Quan featuring approximately 100 artists (fellow graffiti artists and contemporary legends) who joined for this event in sole support of Tempt. Legendary urban artists such as Barry McGee, Haze, Mr. Cartoon, and Shepard Fairey created original artwork for this once-in-a-lifetime exhibition. I missed the VIP/collector's party earlier in the day because I had in-laws in town.

I did make it to the reception party in the evening. I purchased an original David Flores piece from the show not knowing David Flores had his own reception party next door at the Project gallery. Bummed as I was, I arranged to meet David Flores in his Studio in Santa Barbara. We visited his studio in mid April. Here are some pictures....


Basquiat

Captain America

Chillin' in the Studio

Dali

Flores golfing on the studio patio

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home