Saturday, July 07, 2007

Memorial Day weekend

I think I skipped over the Memorial Day week entry, so here goes...

It was lonely weekend with Mona in the Bay Area visiting her family and her friend Julie who just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Sarah. I didn't have anything planned other than finishing up some office work. But on late Friday, one of my old friends e-mailed me about legendary East Coast graffiti artist Ewok being in town. Ewok was in town at the Munky King toy store to sign his limited edition Horslington figures on Saturday, May 26th. Only 300 of these figures were released to the West Coast so I had to get one. After standing in the line for close to one hour, I managed to buy two figures and had the boxes signed. Here are some pictures from that event...
When you're on the run like a natural born killer, you'll need a great disguise...

Got two of these puppies....

One for the home office and the other one for historical capsule...

Dang! This bigger than lifesize Sam Flores' Fatima statue cost $10,000. Wish I had the money and the space.

After leaving Munky King, I spent good two hours in the back allies of Melrose Avenue taking pictures of bombed trash compactors. May be Ansel Adams nightmare but I'm feeling it. Imagine this shot in 60 inches by 40 inches hanging at the LACMA. Let's make it happen...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home